Shower Curtain Rods-Accessories/Accents for a Unique Curtain Design
Shower Curtain Rods are only one bathroom accessory that will help you make your bathroom stand out. Make sure you have decided on the impression that you want and then choose through a huge selection of shower manufacturers for the finest bathroom accessories. By adding shower curtain hooks or a shower curtain rings that matches your shower, you'll create the right ambience for the bathroom.
Shower Curtain Rods Come in a Variety of Different Shapes to Choose from
Starting with the shower curtain rod you'll need to know what style you need because they vary in shapes and styles starting with the basic straight shower rod, then the choices vary from L-shaped corner shower rods to neon angle rods to even an aluminum track shower rod. If you have a claw foot bathtub or would like something different, the shower curtain ring is something you should look at.
They are mounted to the ceiling and hang down over the top. They vary in design from oval shower curtain rings to rectangle rings, circular curtain rings and even D style shower curtain ring. Shower curtain rods come in many choices of colors; they even have striped shower curtain rods.
Curtain Rods Are More than Just Hanging Your Shower Curtains
You can have fun adding shower curtain hooks to finish the rod or ring off. The basic is the standard ring set, but it is easy to find resin forms of several designs like animals, flowers to Disney characters to antique looking shower hooks.
How to choose the right shower curtain rod for your bathroom
- Enhance Your Bathroom Décor: Try to find a shower curtain rod that will help complement your bathroom decor. Step back and take a look at your overall bathroom theme and decor and tried to encompass your wall coverings such as the color, texture along with any other bathroom accessories that you have such as fixture styles bathroom faucets and the style of bathtub that you have. The type of curtain that you are using has a big influence on the curtain rod that you will want to hang it from. Along with the colors and the types of towels, and bathmat/rug that you have.
- Material Choices for Your Shower Curtain Rod: Shower curtain rods are made to be very aesthetically pleasing for your bathroom. The rods are strong enough to hold up your shower curtain from the lighter vinyl and some heavier fabric shower curtains. Most shower curtain rods are either made with metal or plastic, another option is using wood rods. A plastic rod can sometimes come with an adjustable spring in it to shorten or extend the gates walls also a great way to complement your bathroom style, downside is they are not as durable as the metal curtain rods. Chrome curtain rods blend well with other chrome fixtures such as faucets and towel bars giving you a contemporary/modern appeal. Adding a brass finished her to rod will give you a old world antique type of the finish look.
- Shower Curtain Rod Shapes: Shower curtain rods that come in curved shapes can allow you to have room within your shower by curving outward. This is very useful when you are encompassing a claw foot bathtub (using a circular shape rod). Corner showers are great for L-shaped curtain rods. Always take a measurement and measure it twice so that you know the size of area you need to buy the rod for.
- What Wall Type are you Attaching to: Take into consideration the type of material that you will have to hang your shower curtain rod from. If you're shower or tub is built with surrounding tile then you may consider using a spring or tension rod that you can extend by twisting it so that it fits snug against the tiles on one end to the other. If you have a heavier curtain or want to make a solid mount using the proper drill bit and not cracking your tile use a collapsible thread system to give you an anchor support from behind the wall.
The bathroom should be a place that you can unwind from a long day, so the appearance and feel of the decor should be one that is eye appealing and suits your needs. Even if you have the perfect shower curtain for the bathroom, you will still need to hang it for everyone to see.
There are a variety of different shower curtain rods to choose from
Your first basic choice is the tension shower rod, which is the best way to suspend shower curtains without having to drill holes. They are spring-loaded and can be mounted between any two walls.
If you want to create an illusion of more space you could install a curved shower curtain rod. The curved rod is great at the corners to help prevent water from spraying into the bathroom area and these shower curtain rods and shower curtain rings are available in several different finishes like gold plated, satin chrome, stainless steel or even antique finish.
This will allow you to match all your other bathroom fixtures as described earlier in the shower curtain hooks and will finish off the shower curtain, though some people find them hard to use because they can fall off easily.
One solution is the hookless shower curtain. It is easy to install since all you have to do is slip the rod into the loops of the curtain one at a time and you never have to worry about them falling off. Another hook less curtain you can use is one that uses ties. This one you have to tie each loop to the shower rod. Try different methods and see which one works for you.
Installing your curve, corner shower curtain rods
An Easy Step by Step:
- Assemble the Curtain Rod: Put the curtain rod together by using the manufacturer's directions. Whether it's a curved cornered shower curtain you'll find that they are a very simple design and usually contain just two pieces that has to be attached.
- Decide Where the Mounting Brackets Will Go: Depending on the shape of your shower curtain rod will determine on where you put your mount. The other curved shower curtain rod then you will want to mount it approximately 3 inches closer to the opposite shower wall than the brackets of a standard rod would be installed. If you do not keep in mind to compensate for the curve then you won't be able to tuck the ends of the shower curtain into the tub. Corner pieces and straight pieces are straightforward and do not require this measurement. The height of your shower curtain is usually a personal preference of where you would like it and how far off the ground you would like the shower curtain to be (for aesthetic appeal). Make sure you install the rod at least with the combinational height of the shower curtain and curtain rings for when the whole unit is installed.
- Mark the Wall for Mounting: When you have measured and adjusted for the height and Mark the wall where you are going to mount the brackets, Mark to screw holes that you will be using. Use a tape measure to make sure that the brackets are the same height off the ground so that they are level.
- Drill Holes for Mounting: Drill your pilot holes were year screws are going to mounted. If you are installing into drywall use sink wall anchors to give you support for the curtain rod, you don't need to do this if you are mounting straight into a wall stud.
- Install and Mount the Brackets: Use the mounting hardware that comes with the shower rod assembly kit, it's usually a better idea to purchase stronger screws for the mounting instead of using what comes in the kit.
- Installing the Curtain Rod: To properly install the shower curtain rod follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Hanging of the Shower Curtain: Hang the shower curtain with the hooks supplied or the special unique ones that you bought separately. Stand back and look at your curtain rod PC sagging in the middle then you will need to install a support bracket from the ceiling to hold up and support the center of the curtain rod. Curved shower curtain rods tend to use only ceiling mounted brackets.
There Are Many Different Bathroom Accessories You Can Add to Your Curtain Rod
By taking advantage of all the bathroom shower accessories from the shower curtain rods to the shower curtain rings to even deciding on whether to use shower curtain hooks or a hookless curtain, you will be on your way to planning your bathroom.
We want to help you find all the information and educate you so that you can make the right shower curtain investment. We have resources and reviews we think can help. Please take the time to read through some of our resources. Below we have gathered online merchants for your online research and online shopping.
Curved Shower Curtain Rod-Creating a Luxury Design with More Space
The Curved Shower Curtain Rod is one of the latest(and greatest) innovations to enhance your bathroom. The curved rod style provides you with a unique design feature while giving you more room inside your shower.With this style of shower curtain rod you'll be able to choose an assortment of different materials and colors depending on your bathroom decor theme.
Hookless Shower Curtain-Create a Luxury Impression in Your Bathroom
Looking for something different for your bathroom? Have you considered a Hookless Shower Curtain. These high quality shower curtains are used in luxurious hotels all around the world.The best hookless shower curtain for your bathroom is one that will appeal to you most and will blend in with your bathroom decor.